HOW TO ENTER
We welcome submissions from New Mexico galleries and artists in the following mediums: painting, photography, mixed media, drawing, pastels, ink, and more. Submit 3 to 5 images that best represent the work to be featured.
The judges retain the right to reject submissions that do not fit the guidelines or spirit of the competition.
The LaunchPad recipient for Art Santa Fe 2018 will be announced no later than June 30, 2018.
The selected LaunchPad recipient will be notified within 7 days after the determination date. Inability to contact the selected artist may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate recipient.
The selected LaunchPad recipient will receive:
Special exhibition space consideration at Art Santa Fe 2018
Feature on the ASF website
Inclusion in ASF18 publicity and marketing campaigns
Exposure to 10,000+ attendees
1. No purchase necessary to apply. Submissions begin on June 1, 2018, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on June 20, 2018. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST on June 20, 2018. The selected LaunchPad recipient will be notified within 7 days after the determination date. Inability to contact the selected artist may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate recipient.
2. Applicant must be 18 years or older with business and residence within New Mexico. Additionally, the selected Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad recipient must meet these criteria:
You must be an emerging gallery, established less than two years.
Only one recipient will be selected.
You must be available to be at your Art Santa Fe 2018 booth all hours of the show. http://www.artsantafe.com/attend/
All artwork displayed must be for sale; 100% of proceeds of all sales is kept by the LaunchPad Program recipient. You must be eligible to accept the Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad Program designation, if awarded, and provide proof of such eligibility.
3. Void where prohibited by law. Applicants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
4. This is an open competition.
5. To submit an application: All applications must be submitted online via the Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad Program Submission Form. Limit of one submission per artist. Mailed entries will not be accepted.
Entrants must (i) submit up to five (5), not fewer than three (3), samples of artwork for consideration in the following format: digital, full-color photograph of original work; color profile: sRGB; file uploaded as JPEG, PNG or PDF format; (ii) image dimensions 1500 pixels for the longest dimension (short dimension can be whatever is determined by the crop and aspect ratio of the image); (iii) indicate description for each work: title, medium used, dimensions, and year created. Entries not submitted in the stated formats may be subject to disqualification.
6. If you are selected as the Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad recipient, you must timely complete and return the LaunchPad Artist Agreement, Release and Arbitration Provision, and all exhibits, schedules, and attachments thereto that will be furnished by Redwood Media Group and will include, among other things, release forms and waivers for review and signature by the selected LaunchPad recipient.
7. Redwood Media Group and all of its affiliates shall have the right to determine where the LaunchPad recipient's artwork is displayed, booth space to be determined on a space available basis for Art Santa Fe 2018. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the consideration given the Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad Program are solely the winners' responsibility, including all artwork packing, shipping, installation, travel expenses, and any other related expenses. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad recipient's exhibition and marketing considerations awarded will be made by Redwood Media Group and its affiliates.
8. Each applicant submitting their application for the Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad Program warrants that he or she has obtained all necessary releases from models and other subjects featured in the works of art and any additional releases required with respect to names, trademarks, designs, or works of art depicted in the submitted work of art and that the creation, display, or distribution of the work of art will not violate any law.
9. Each applicant warrants that the submitted artwork was created by the artist alone, or if there are collaborators, they are named.
10. All artwork must be original works of art and not copies, derivatives, or based in any way on other copyrighted or published works of art.
11. Redwood Media Group has the sole right to refuse any submission that is deemed inappropriate. No crudity, vulgarity, obscenity, or hateful art will be tolerated.
Submissions must not include, depict, or involve any of the following: obscenity, inappropriate language, nudity, explicit sexual activity, illegal drug or alcohol use, violence, commercial products, material that is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or otherwise unlawful, material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promotes discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, and any other content, including but not limited to, text, images, graphics, photographs, captions and descriptions, data, codes, and programs that could be considered inappropriate or offensive, as determined by Redwood Media Group and its affiliates in their sole discretion. Submissions must not include any images protected by copyright or trademark law, including brand names, logos, graphics, pictures, or text, or other property belonging to a third party unless the Participant can provide a written authorization to use such third-party content within their artwork. Additionally, submissions may not violate an individual’s rights, including but not limited to the right to privacy or publicity.
12. Persons or families employed by or associated with Redwood Media Group or its sponsors are not eligible to apply for consideration in the Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad Program.
It is understood that the foregoing eligibility requirements may be amended, revised, or changed at any time and in any fashion at Redwood Media Group's sole discretion. Submission of an entry to this competition implies acceptance of all stated conditions.
Judging will be conducted by Redwood Media Group. All decisions of the judges are final.
Judges will be asked to consider originality, sense of composition, creativity, technical skill, use of materials and light, commercial appeal, and overall impact of the artwork.
The judges reserve the right to conduct interviews with any applicant. The judges also reserve the right not to declare an Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad Program recipient if, in their sole discretion, the submissions do not meet the qualification standards based on the judging criteria specified herein. The application of the judging criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the judges. Redwood Media Group disclaims any liability from any of their actions relating to this contest. Participants agree to waive any claims against contest entities relating to the judging or awarding process.
The Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad recipient will be selected from among all of the participant submissions by June 20, 2018. Redwood Media Group will make up to three (3) total attempts to contact the selected Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad recipient via the telephone number(s) and/or e-mail(s) provided on his or her submission form. If the potential Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad recipient cannot be reached directly during the three attempts in which he or she is contacted, the potential Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad recipient will be disqualified and an alternate recipient may be selected, in the judges' sole discretion, from among the remaining applicable eligible submissions received if time permits. In addition, Redwood Media reserves the right to select an alternative recipient in the event that the selected Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad recipient fails to comply with the Official Rules.
1. It is understood that the applicants for the Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad Program retain the copyright for their artwork. It is also understood that participants hereby grant Redwood Media Group and its affiliates a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the submission (along with their name and artwork title) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power, and authority to grant Redwood Media Group and its affiliates the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their submission in order to grant such a license.
2. Redwood Media Group and its affiliates are under no obligation to use any submission or return the submissions to participants.
3. The Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad recipient will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent, and General Release form within seven (7) days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate recipient. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the recipient.
All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of LaunchPad Program recognition not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the recipient's responsibility.
4. USE OF APPLICANT INFORMATION: All applications become the property of Redwood Media Group and its affiliates. Redwood Media Group and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad Program, including submissions provided by the applicants, for editorial, marketing, and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
5. CONDUCT: All participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Redwood Media Group and its affiliates in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its website, violating the Guidelines, or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Redwood Media Group and its affiliates are not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort, Redwood Media Group and its affiliates may cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the LaunchPad Program. Entrants further agree to release Redwood Media Group and its affiliates from any liability resulting from, or related to, participation in the contest.
7. The name of the Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad recipient may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Art Santa Fe 2018 LaunchPad Artist Program, Redwood Media Group, PO Box 360, Hinckley OH 44233.