Art Santa Fe Announces 2019 Dates and Inaugural Santa Fe Art Week Inclusion
The four-day curated contemporary art show, owned and produced by Redwood Media Group, will be the culminating event for Santa Fe’s inaugural art week celebration
Redwood Media Group, the nation’s leader in exhibitions and event production, media, and marketing for the global art community, announced today that ArtSanta Fe, the four-day curated contemporary art show will take place at the Santa Fe Community Convention Center from Thursday, July 18, to Sunday, July 21, 2019, and will be the culminating event to Santa Fe’s inaugural art week celebration.
To celebrate its nearly 20 years of excellence in art and the city’s first Santa Fe Art Week, Art Santa Fe presents [MOMENTUM] as the curatorial theme for 2019. With a focus on building platforms, gaining knowledge, growing audiences, and supporting artistic innovation, it’s the perfect theme to tie together these two art-focused Santa Fe events.
Taking place in the middle of summer, July 12–21, 2019, Santa Fe Art Week will showcase everything from visual and performance art to literary and culinary art. The ten-day festival will feature over 100 unique and creative experiences and events. The festivities kick off on Museum Hill at the International Folk Art Market, followed by a week of events, openings and shows, art talks and live demonstrations, and workshops at some of Santa Fe’s 250+ galleries, cultural museums, and destinations.
Crowning the Santa Fe Art Week celebration will be Art Santa Fe, Santa Fe’s only contemporary fine art show, bringing collectors and art fans from around the country to enjoy a dizzying array of exhibits, performances, workshops, and live artwork demonstrations. More than 60 national and international galleries showcase hundreds of artists and their work. Here are a few highlights attendees can expect to see at Art Santa Fe 2019:
CONTEMPORARY ART PROJECTS (Miami, Florida)
Contemporary Art Projects USA (CAP) intends to keep their Art Santa Fe momentum going with a showcase of international artists. For the eighth year, CAP will delight collectors with new original works and special installations from their celebrated artists.
- After a remarkable show during Miami Art Week 2018 at Red Dot Miami, Ricardo Cárdenas will once again unveil his newest works at Art Santa Fe. An artist from Mexico whose popularity has grown from his first showing at Art Santa Fe five years ago, Cárdenas began as a construction engineer and expresses his past experience and appreciation of materials, along with his feelings and beliefs, by connecting his art in both his medium and techniques. Guests will learn how his clever use of building materials, including recycled concrete retrieved from the ruble of Mexico’s earthquakes, coupled with steel bars, and more, have become synonymous with Cárdenas artwork.
- With the presence and strength of a steel structure, Luis Kaiulani creates surprising artworks of fluidity, mindfulness, and color dimension. Whether on canvas or sculptures of steel, his work simultaneously feels strong and imaginary. Using his art as a metaphor for nature’s constant quest for growth through learning, experience, and contribution, he captivates our attention with the color and rhythm his artworks exude.
- Albuquerque artist David Disko returns with a special installation. Creating contemporary art inspired by aerial photographic images of our own planet Earth, Disko will reprise his 2018 award-winning Santa Fe Selects works and invite us to imagine stepping inside and take a look around.
GALLERY EDEL (Osaka, Japan)
Gallery Edel has been showcasing Japanese contemporary art and international contemporary art in the United States for over 15 years. Delighting collectors and art aficionados with prominent international artists at Art Santa Fe for many of those years, Gallery Edel returns in 2019 with a slate of highly recognizable artists.
- Famed artist Yayoi Kusama, known for massive installations that have been showcased around the world, approachable glass sculptures, prints, and more, will be featured at Art Santa Fe, highlighting Kusama’s intent for the artwork to be owned by all who love and appreciate it.
- Gallery Edel will also showcase other works by Andy Warhol, Damien Hirst, William Steiger, Takeshi Yamato, and others.
JEN TOUGH GALLERY (Benicia, California)
The Jen Tough Gallery encores their contemporary art gallery vibe at Art Santa Fe again this year. Showcasing an artist roster of emerging, mid-career, and established artists, the exhibition is always exciting and fresh with many of the featured artists on hand to discuss their newest works, as well as captivate show goers with live demonstrations. Showcased artists will be Andrew Faulkner, Kate Zimmer, Sue Cretarolo, and Rozanne Hermelyn DiSilvestro among others.
The [SOLO] Project
The [SOLO] Project is a special section featuring a curated selection of independent leading-edge artists. Separate from the gallery floor, the [SOLO] Project is comprised of only 18 exhibitors and promises to bring innovative, forward-looking art to the show.
“We couldn’t be more thrilled to partner with the city of Santa Fe and to be part of the first Santa Fe Art Week celebration,” said RMG CEO Eric Smith. “We believe it will be an extraordinary week of events that visitors and collectors will enjoy. Art Santa Fe will be part of that experience, giving our guests an unforgettable exploration of world-class modern and contemporary art and capping an amazing Santa Fe Art Week in a city that boasts a vibrant creative scene.”
Redwood Media Group, which owns and produces fine art show exhibitions including Spectrum Miami and Artexpo New York, is proud to present Art Santa Fe, a showcase for the thriving art landscape of Santa Fe. The city of Santa Fe is widely recognized as the third largest art market in the U.S., one of UNESCO’s CreativeCities due to the city’s important achievements in arts and culture, and Travel & Leisure’s Destination of the Year.
About Redwood Media Group
Since 2009, Redwood Media Group (RMG) has been revolutionizing the global fine art community by helping artists and gallery owners grow their businesses through fine art exhibitions and publications, art business education, mentoring, marketing, and social media. Today, RMG owns and operates five fine art shows: Artexpo New York, Spectrum Miami, Art San Diego, Art Santa Fe, and Red Dot Miami. Artexpo New York, the world’s largest fine art trade show for 40 years and counting, attracts more than 35,000 art enthusiasts every year, including 5,000 industry buyers. Spectrum Miami and Red Dot Miami attract more than 40,000 art aficionados during Miami Art Week, an annual event that draws over 150,000 art collectors to the city. Over the past nine years, RMG has welcomed hundreds of thousands of visitors to their events, sold millions of dollars’ worth of art, and helped thousands of unrepresented and established artists launch or grow their careers. Aside from hosting multiple high-end art shows throughout the year, RMG also owns Art Business News, an art industry publication.
For more information, visit: